Friday, August 29, 2008

Delicious Surprise (I Believe It)

OK, so I am going to title my blogs after songs--deal with it. The delicious surprise of today was Sarah Palin becoming the VP candidate with John McCain. Now, I don't know if you realize this, but I trend Republican while 99% of my friends lean heavily to the Democratic ticket, that's America! I like McCain because he has crossed the isle on many things, steering away from the scary right wing. Campaign finance reform, global warming and immigration reform just name a few. I am tired of grid lock and want to see some practical changes in Washington, and was worried about who McCain would pick.

I have read up on Palin, and I am fascinated to say the least. She is a tough woman who took on the corrupt Republican establishment in her state and truly brings an aura of reform to the ticket. I am anxious to see what happens next week. This truly will be an extraordinary election.

We'll see what happens.....


(Delicious Surprise..I Believe It is a Jo Dee Messina song. I saw her for free at Churchill Downs years ago. It was a good show!)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I am very much enjoying your blog. Although, I must tell you I am concerned about Palin not agreeing with McCain about the global warming thing...it has me a bit nervous. Like the song titles too! Nice to find you in the blogging world!